The Hell of the Northcote A Smashing Success
Not that youâ€™d know but now Iâ€™m rewriting this from scratch for a second time because WordPress is a piece of shit, and perhaps because I wasnâ€™t paying enough attention to what I was doing.
Anyway, the Melburn-Roobaix was run on Saturday and by all accounts was a huge success. I wasnâ€™t counting but Trackcunt was and there were more than the hoped-for 100 riders participating. The course was challenging and lots of fun. My bike suffered some wear and tear (just like I did) but it was all worth it.
A couple of punctures were enjoyed but other than that I didnâ€™t hear of any injuries. Although Iâ€™m sure a few riders copped some talcum powder in the eyes as a reward for climbing the Col dâ€™Northcote.
– The Mapei QuickStep squad (recreating the 1999 Paris-Roubaix) – great work guys!
– The workmen near the Bolte Bridge providing an impromptu feed zone and the â€™ALLEZ!â€™ chorus.
– The brutal Col dâ€™Northcote.
– The errrâ€¦encouragement and support.
– Our team member Des, taking out the big prize – a pair of polished Deep V rims from CTA.
– Hearing Spuddyâ€™s tyre go â€™sssssssssssssssssâ€™.
– This guy.
– The looks on peopleâ€™s faces at Northcote Plaza as dozens of sweaty, dirty, laughing, talcum-powder covered riders invaded the place buying hamburger buns, rolls and sausages.
Big Thanks to:
– Trackcunt and Ugly for organising everything, including the well-earned bbq & keg.
– Sponsors CTA, Shifterbikes, Fyxomatosis, Deluxe Bicycle Club, Bikenow
– Nath, for showing up just to take some pics.
– and thanks to M!key for helping the breakaway 😉
6 responses to “The Hell of the Northcote A Smashing Success”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.