Search:
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beastie Boys Appreciation Thread

Beastie Boys Appreciation Thread

Okay, so for my 3000th post I thought I would indulge myself.

I fucking love the Beastie Boys. I’ve got every album, often in multiple formats, bonus discs, promos, bootlegs, singles, remixes, Japanese issues, side projects, I’ve seen them play in Hobart, Melbourne (twice) and London (twice), I spent a day hanging outside their hotel to get them to sign a picture I ‘curated’ of them and I’ve got several framed pictures of tour posters including a set list and a backstage pass.

Sabotage did it for me. Before that I thought they were just another white boy wannabe rap group. Their punk stuff further consolidated their awesomeness, then I was addicted and never looked back.

If they put out an album of them cutting their toe nails, I’d probably buy it (on vinyl) and love it. They’re all old farts now, but even their latest offering is right up there and they still put on a mad gig…although they don’t do that so much anymore.

So this thread is all about the Beastie Boys. What’s your favourite album? Favourite Beastie Boy? Where did you see them play? Got any rare shit? Why do they rule? Why do they suck? Why does Ad Rock keep getting better while MCA keeps getting worse?

I'm bad ass, move your fat ass, 'cause you're wack, son
    Dancin' around like you think you're Janet Jackson

Go.
    You are the morals you act upon - not the ones you hold

I listen to Beastie Boys when I am framebuilding and the energy levels start to dip, helps me get through the afternoon

They rule, I guess as I am of the age when the were 'big'.
    In year 11 we remade the Sabotage filmclip for videomaking, and when I slid accross a car cochise style in the carpark I dinted the bonnet in.
    Goodtimes.
    Honestly havent listened to them for over a decade though. So I'm thinking it was more a teenage crush for me.

some of the best memories i have of perth, and my late teens, were smashing it around in my mate mitch's car, cranking the beastie boys, drinking loads of coke and hitting up a million and one different skate parks. singing the wrong lyrics and talking shit.

their best of album got played so many times it was ridiculous.

we had one constant argument, which in hindsight seems hilarious.

y'know the bit where the line goes "is your name michael diamond? nah, mine's clarence", is that the lyrics? my mate always thought it was "...nah, mine's flowers"

no idea why he thought it would be flowers, but maybe it is, P!N20?

edit - i'm gonna listen to them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZero View Post
    "Is the mountain my friend?"

No one's your friend you fucking douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemontime View Post
    Probably don't make a soy catlike.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseyjase View Post
    rolly - arsehole.

Idioten.
    They just sound like a bunch of white boys yelling

When I was in year 8, I asked mum to go to the shops and buy a cassette of Ill Communication. She came back and suggested we go for a drive and listen to it together (she just installed a new stereo in her Datsun 180B wagon). I put it in as we drove off... she said she liked it and it made me happy so it stayed in the car for about a month. She always had it ready to go on Saturday mornings as she drove me to play Rugby.

Looking back on it, I am not sure if she was just doing it to stoke me out, but she is awesome.

My Fav track... Get it Together featuring Q-Tip.

'Whatcha want?' off Check ya head still does it for me...

I got some Jap ,some bootleg but mostly in shed now boxed up thanks to ipods/ iphone. Haven't really rated anything since 'ill communication' myself.
    Earlyish... Aglio et olio (?) is good for warm ups/intervals/weights.
    50x15 is 90" , a chainring tooth is 2" and a sprocket tooth is 6"....

My name is Ad-Rock and I'm a Scorpio!

Quote Originally Posted by EzyLee View Post
    My Fav track... Get it Together featuring Q-Tip.
    +1. My fave.

Phone is ringing'. Oh my god...

Fucking love the B-Boys. Can't help but dance like an absolute spaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by gink_04 View Post
    Steve - I've edited the first part so it makes a little bit more sence... not much though

Fucken love em.

Root Down EP is always the first record to go on when I move into a new place and set up my stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by rolly View Post
    y'know the bit where the line goes "is your name michael diamond? nah, mine's clarence", is that the lyrics? my mate always thought it was "...nah, mine's flowers"
    You were right.
    You are the morals you act upon - not the ones you hold

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast