Search:
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Beastie Boys Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sugarkane View Post
    I've had them a few times in the cafe I work in over the few years... They were bad arsed boys once apon a time but.... Now they apologize to all those they upset becoming famous... Pretty weak. They were nothing with out the bad boy shit just a couple white boys yelling...

There poor behavior, bad mouthing homosexuals and degrading women totally helped to make them famous and fucking rich. Thanks for the money but we'd like to apologize for been little shits.... Weak.

Paul's Boutique is a totally balling album though
    Apart from the last statement I'd actually strongly disagree.

Yes, they first came to fame with their bratty behaviour, but they built on that as their audience grew up and I'd say that Sabotage/Check Your Head provided a higher (and more widespread) level of fame than any inflatable cocks on stage antics ever did.

Put it this way, how many females would you see at a BB show if all they did was their early stuff? Last few times I've seen them the crowd has been very mixed, more so than any of their contemporary acts.

You might hate them for maturing and recognising the error of their previous ways, but me I respect them more for acknowledging their past mistakes. We were all young and dumb, some of us just dont like to admit it...

Did they forget to tip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Commuter View Post
    so you indulge in a few youthful experiments, some things stick, some don't, you figure out a little bit more about who you are and where the line is for you. For me...it's at pad holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    Lance using drugs does not have an impact on the amount of wheelies I do when going to the shops.
    Dirty Deeds

^ Keep in mind too that Paul's Boutique was a commercial flop, and they partied all their Licensed To Ill money away. So it was CYH and Ill Comm that really got them back on track, and by that stage the sexist, homophobic behaviour had disappeared.

Any Paul's Boutique fans should read this if you haven't already:

Quote Originally Posted by EzyLee View Post
    Plus you don't want me to bring a tent. I will have to start a new thread about what tent to bring - no one wants that.

sugarkane
    Pretty sure they tipped, or there tour manager did. I don't hate em at all It was totally part of their image and I reckon even their record company had a hand in the bratty behavior. With out it they wouldn't have been so successful so quickly, it played a major part in their success. Nothing wrong with say hey we were a bit outa line when we young but without it they wouldnt be in the postion they are now.. I don't know how much juvenile innocents was to play in their antics.

Quote Originally Posted by P!N20 View Post
    ^ Ooooh yeah, when Ad Rock just goes mental and basically screams all his lines!

So Mike get on the mic and bust your fucking skillz
    Yea, it starts with the
    "So what's the time... it's time to get ill, so what's the fucking time..."
    incredible.

I also heard that beasties and prodigy were on the same bill a while back, and Mike D asked Liam Howlett if in repayment for letting them use the sample for funky shit if prodigy could refrain from playing smack my bitch up as they felt it was in poor taste, apparently Howlett told him to fuck off and had hom ejected from Prodigy's dressing room.

Lol.
    And who gives a flying fuck about the prodigy?

^^ A mate of mine was at that gig, Glastonbury I believe, it was at the height of Prodigy's popularity. After explaining the request, I believe the Prodigy dude announced to the crowd (insert Souwf London accent here) "WE DO WHAT THE FUCK WE LIKE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by EzyLee View Post
    Plus you don't want me to bring a tent. I will have to start a new thread about what tent to bring - no one wants that.

sugarkane
    Haha and the prodigy have never tried to call an album ' don't be a faggot '

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetal View Post
    And who gives a flying fuck about the prodigy?
    More people than you might think.
    This space for rent

Math Rock Moderator DLN not ZLTN's Avatar
    Back to the Beastie Boys, some people here might appreciate this.

Mick Boogie x Beastie Boys "Grand Royal" @UPNORTHTRIPS - Your Memory's Museum

In honor of the Beastie Boys being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last week… I thought it’s finally the right time to do a Beasties mixtape. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time… something people have asked me to do for a long time, actually… but I wanted it to mean something. Now, it’s finally the right time.I present to you Grand Royal. ₪80 minutes of my favorite Beastie Boys rarities, remixes, demos, live versions, out-takes, and more. ₪If you’re a Beasties fan, I guarantee you find something new and exciting on this mix!
    Last edited by DLN not ZLTN; 21-04-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balki View Post
    Your tyres so fat they got a puncture and gravy came out
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetal View Post
    If you haven't got anything hateful to say, stay outta the hate thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazhutton View Post
    I wish there were more dog patting opportunities on the way to work.
    Velodrone | @velodrone | TRACK SABBATH | Animal Traps

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast