Search:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dura Ace Carbon Cranks!!

Dura Ace Carbon Cranks!!

Sorry that this is roadie related :evil:

It had to happen I suppose in response to 'carbon everything' Campagnolo - I'm glad they retained the same crank form... still hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by eavyMetalCHyclist View Post
    I thought it was called touring and you did it on a shitbox Shogun from 1992

Re: Dura Ace Carbon Cranks!!

Some dude was rocking them in le Tour. And, they should be out in time for my birthday!

How does the spindle attach to the arm? Also are they the ones that have the Alu core with the carbon wrapped around it?
    Rene 5:11

"Surprisingly, the crankset actually hides an alloy core. The alloy frame provides the structural rigidity; the interlaced and wrapped carbon keeps the weight down. The reason Shimano haven't gone down a complete carbon route is that they constantly found that although weight decreases with the use of carbon, so does the rigidity."

Read more <a href="http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/articl...1543">Here</a> and <a href="http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...mg=1">Here</a>

NJS Certified

shitmano are getting the crap kicked out of them by SRAM on road and MTB gear.
    have you had a look at the new dual throw shimano MTB shift levers?
    the blurb says how you can now "choose which way you shift, with your finger, or your thumb".
    and all that means is that so many people have jumped ship to the X series stuff that the big S had to find a way to stem the hemorrhage.
    the SRAM road gear feels so much better than shimanos offerings that it just isn't funny, and most of it is cheaper and lighter as well.
    it was only a matter of time till they came out with a carbon crank because the great herd hasn't realised that carbon is NOT the great wonder material that they think it is.
    ever wondered why as soon as they reach the first hill stage of the tour all the carbon goodies get stuffed back in the van? it's because you can't make it stiff enough. and yet we still get people every day asking for carbon bars, stems, complete frame sets, WATER BOTTLE HOLDERS! who the FUCK needs a carbon water bottle holder? you're about to stick 3/4 of a KILO of water in it.
    if they just took a good sized crap before they rode, they'd save more weight and wouldn't be as full of shit.

sorry, was at the shop till 1030 this evening working on roadie crap for dumb ass customers who want to race the fun ride on sunday. all the muppets with $6K of carbon crap proving to each other that if they just had the chance they could be pro. for a 100K fun ride.
    sometimes i hate my life.
    You did WHAT?!? You deserve the cast on your arm then jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupine128
    who the FUCK needs a carbon water bottle holder? you're about to stick 3/4 of a KILO of water in it.
    if they just took a good sized crap before they rode, they'd save more weight and wouldn't be as full of shit.
    Haha GOLD... :-D

you're about to stick 3/4 of a KILO of water in it.
    Yeah, but you can't really change how much that water weighs.

I dare anyone to tell me that a light bike isnt nicer to ride.

NJS Certified

Mate - we are on the same wave length here.
    Plus a good crap is very satisfying!
    &#039;there&#039;s very few cars at 0530.....&#039;

NJS Certified

Looks nice and I've been looking to join the roadie scum...

As for the rest, I tend to think that if I had a water bottle holder, I'd just drink water, then I'd need to pee, then I'd have stop. No thanks, I'll stick with performance enhancing BBQ Shapes.

The rest... meh. Their money, their problems.

NJS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by spud
    I dare anyone to tell me that a light bike isnt nicer to ride.
    i'll buy into that.
    bear in mind i've just come from 2 weeks of working in the shop answering stupid questions and physically restraining myself from strangling morons, so this might ramble a little.
    most of the super light bikes are now full carbon.
    carbon isn't the best for ride quality, that still goes to steel for all the reasons that have been used so so many times before.
    what carbon does do, it gives a reasonably good ride quality for less weight. pretty good stiffness, pretty good everything, and light weight.
    but it has a much lower fatigue index to side loading, is a lot more fragile, and really has only about a 3-5 year lifespan before you should relace it.

i'm not going to crap on any more, just remember two things.
    1. it really does come down to the rider. and
    2.the lightest ride in the world is useless if breaks on you or wears out before you can get the best from it.
    too many people just buy the lightest bike they can and admire the shiney, without thinking about what is actually the best bike for them.
    don't joint the mass of morons and do the same.
    remember, as mark twain said "Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, reflect and reform."
    You did WHAT?!? You deserve the cast on your arm then jackass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast