Search:
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Errr... Ummm.. leg shaving Q.

NJS Certified

Errr... Ummm.. leg shaving Q.

Well i thought I might actually shave my legs this spring summer and join the fashion set, instead of being a wooly in lycra.
    now as a 42 yr old bloke I know all about shaving etc..... but i'm kinda confused about how far up to shave.

I've got quite hirsute legs and it goes all the way up to cheek town.
    if I started at my ankles and shaved up, where do i stop? if I stop just above the line of my knicks them i'm gonna have what looks like hairy shorts on when I'm in the buff. is that normal? Any of you other shavers, hairy bastards who have solved this?
    Oh and Dylan, if you hit this thread.. feel free to give me your thoughts regardless of your leg status.. your opinion is valuable and usually insightful.

And yes despite the weirdness of the Q, I'm actually fishing for some serious answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Don't bother....seriously.
    Loads of people say "I want to build a bike to last". Most people swap things around and buy more bikes and end up selling the one they were going to keep for life.

EXTREME MODERATOR
    go all the way up dude. stop where your butt starts. otherwise it looks a bit odd when you drop your strides in front of someone.

also, purchase lady razors. it took me a long time to figure that one out. schick quattros are my faves so far.

n8
    +1 on the lady razors

if you decide to make a habbit of it, get an emjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    n8 will be doing it on a big black weapon that looks like it is designed to sodomize elderly overweight weekend warriors.
    Die, v.: To stop sinning suddenly.

EXTREME MODERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by n8 View Post

if you decide to make a habbit of it, get an emjoy
    really? they kinda scare me.

i've had them waxed before. it wasn't worth it.

also, don't forget to exfoliate each day, except the day you shave. otherwise you get ingrowns, and they can turn ugly. don't bother with those stupid mitts or gloves - get a scrubbing brush. feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by brendan View Post
    i've had them waxed before. it wasn't worth it.
    yeah waxing sucks. not worth it at all.

if you've got a thick coat then the best way is hit it with a portable electric groomer (Body Hair Trimmer - Shaver Shop).

Then hit it with the razor.
    work. www.gearbrisbane.com play. @thedomesticdomestique

+1 on exfoliation. Entirely necessary.

I rock the hair shorts. There. I said it. I do it pretty high though, enough to still be covered by my triathlete (wanker) shorts.

I'm not overly hairy though so it's not such a big deal. 2 minute giggle from the missus and then it's smooth sailing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gink_04 View Post
    Steve - I've edited the first part so it makes a little bit more sence... not much though

Quote Originally Posted by brendan View Post

also, don't forget to exfoliate each day, except the day you shave. otherwise you get ingrowns, and they can turn ugly. don't bother with those stupid mitts or gloves - get a scrubbing brush. feels good man.

ditto to this, and ditto to going all the way up, just looks wrong when you have to drop pant in front of wife/missus/gf/mistress or any combination of these.

edit, also, the said wife/missus/gf/mistress, will probably love it, most i know do,
    Last edited by Plorry 2; 27-09-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_dylan View Post
    I am so confused.
    I bought a cock ring, I made a mention of it, now this has happened.

the cycling capital of ozstralia fool, Melbourne
    Tried shaving, hair removal cream and am currently on waxing - once every 4 weeks and much less of an ingrown hair problem - got me most of the way through my trip to France.

Go all the way up.

Hair underpants rule - I should know.

Ask Dylan if you want advice about getting your manparts waxed - I'm sure he would have an opinion.
    http://torosvecchi.wordpress.com/

"i have the grammo that doesn't look like someone's had a chund on it. neither of them are that rare, really."

Shave them all the way up. You know its worth it the first time you slide into bed or slip on your skinny jeans.

How often is everyone shaving their legs? I'm around the once a week mark. I also don't exfoliate and have never had any problems with ingrown hairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZero View Post
    This blows goats

EXTREME MODERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by J.K.L.P View Post

How often is everyone shaving their legs? I'm around the once a week mark. I also don't exfoliate and have never had any problems with ingrown hairs.
    once a week in the off season, twice a week in track season. but then again, i'm blessed with a light pelt.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast