Search:
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Errr... Ummm.. leg shaving Q.

I don't shave: I fear that the beauty of my legs would be so emphasized by being hairless that chicks would be throwing themselves at me, and men would cower in abject shame of their inferiority. Except Rhys, he wouldn't cower.

NJS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by JLN not ZLTN View Post
    Fuck. I hate shaving my face... I'm never shaving my legs.
    That's pretty much been my line for the last coupla years, but I'm curious ya know.... Just once can't hurt can it?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Don't bother....seriously.
    Loads of people say "I want to build a bike to last". Most people swap things around and buy more bikes and end up selling the one they were going to keep for life.

NJS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    yeah waxing sucks. not worth it at all.

if you've got a thick coat then the best way is hit it with a portable electric groomer (Body Hair Trimmer - Shaver Shop).

Then hit it with the razor.
    GLW actually works in one of those shops. She doesn't want me to shave though.... Go figure.
    Loads of people say "I want to build a bike to last". Most people swap things around and buy more bikes and end up selling the one they were going to keep for life.

Got my girlfriend to wax my legs for the first time the other week, took ages!! Worth it though, at least for the first shot, then shaving after. But I have been getting more ingrowns from shavin...
    Also I was told to only exfoliate once maybe twice a week, apparently you can seriously damage your skin by over exfoliating-go figure.
    I'm lucky enough to not be very hairy, but if I was I'd go all the way up, but higher up is more prone to ingrowns in my experience....
    Quote Originally Posted by gink_04 View Post
    I chased down breaks and then bridge'd across like a boss
    \
    Quote Originally Posted by Watimena View Post
    Who's Fyxo?

I really never thought I'd see this thread here
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalCyclist View Post
    People that identify primarily as cyclists are quite often assholes.

EXTREME MODERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by etomato View Post

I worry that my leg muscles are like little Samsons, and cutting their hairs will be the end of them.
    while they might be lacking in power, they will look totally look more cut. why do you think bodybuilders do it? and we should all totally do whatever the bodybuilders do.

EXTREME MODERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishf View Post
    you're right. it probably belongs in the help section. want me to move it?

I used to think that you had to shave your guns if you were a cyclist. Now, I don't really care what other people do. Riding with etomato and heavymetal who both have legs under their hair, it doesn't make a difference to me.
    Even though it's a pain in the ass, I'll probably do it until I die, or get paralysed somehow and can no longer ride.
    Pretty much what brendan said is a good guideline. I shave up to a hand's width above where my bibs end. This is the real advantage of having a pro-tan. It also helps so you know where to pull your pants up to every time. I use a little pink bucket and shave on my balcony in the sun, as it enables me to see parts I've missed. It also makes me feel somewhat euro.
    A guy I work with has cosmetics hookups so I bathe mine in aftershave balm after shaving. I try and moisturise them every day, which has the added bonus of moisturising your hands at the same time. Who doesn't love nice soft hands?
    Last edited by rhys; 27-09-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Lp
    Quote Originally Posted by chazhutton View Post
    Rule 33: Legs are to be carefully shaved at all times. If, for some reason, your legs are to be left hairy, make sure you can dish out plenty of hurt to shaved riders

Check.
    mmhmmmm

NJS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishf View Post
    Well it is a chance for the closet leg shavers and the curious to come out I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by brendan View Post
    and we should all totally do whatever the bodybuilders do.
    Like PED's n stuff? Oh wait... pro cyclists are already on to that too.

I'm gonna shave and hit the clenbuterol this summer.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast