Search:
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was I among hipsters?

Netti Certified Captain Commuter's Avatar

Was I among hipsters?

I'm pretty much immersed in my suburban milieu these days and don't get out much. The hipster subculture has always been something of an abstraction to me and I don't think I have ever seen one up close.

Anyway went for a few beers after work on Friday, some joint made out of shipping containers and chicken wire, tucked away up a piss-reeking alley. Was OK enough swilling and sitting on an ironic tea chest of some sort until they ran out of my favourite beer of the moment and the sun went down and and it filled up with weedy herberts sporting self-conscious peach fuzz and messenger bags and their little sisters' t-shirts. I think one of them hissed at me.

Was I among hipsters? It was kind of creepy.

Re: Was I among hipsters?

Yes, Section 8, near Shanghi Dumpling House and Gaylords

If an Alley smells like piss, your likely to find Hipsters nearby.

EXTREME MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by shortsie

APPLESlords
    lolz!

This is a troll thread Captain Commuter lol!!! :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb618 View Post
    140 stem regardless of eight.

My mate owns Section 8.
    "Courtney, this is not a democracy, it's a cheerocracy. I'm sorry, but I'm overruling you."

"You are being a cheer-tator Torrance, and a pain in my ass!"

Puts the 'ant' in 'rant' antmandan's Avatar

On the subject of Shanghai Dumpling House:

Shanghai Dumpling House
    White Melbournians love this place because itís cheap, but mostly because itís in an alley. The patronage is also about 15% Asian, which isnít enough to freak out white Melbournians, but enough to make them feel as if they are escaping white culture. The owners like it too, because they know they can save money by reducing the amount of chili and other seasonings in their product, as the average white Melbournian discovered soy sauce in the mid nineties.

Great dumplings though.
    Quote Originally Posted by designjerk View Post
    As long as we look cool doing it and we can gram out there i dont care

Muppet

Quote Originally Posted by antmandan

Shanghai Dumpling House
    White Melbournians love this place because itís cheap, but mostly because itís in an alley. The patronage is also about 15% Asian, which isnít enough to freak out white Melbournians, but enough to make them feel as if they are escaping white culture. The owners like it too, because they know they can save money by reducing the amount of chili and other seasonings in their product, as the average white Melbournian discovered soy sauce in the mid nineties.

Great dumplings though.
    Soy sauce :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ianhuman_xX
    My mate owns Section 8.
    same! I got offered (over six or seven beers) the job of designing it as a clueless, often hungover and under-acheiving 2nd year architecture student. At the time I figured I probably didn't know enough to take the job on (what an understatment - 4 years on and I still don't know enough!) - I think the other owners were kind of glad I didn''t attempt it as well...

must also be noted that the 'owner' who offered me the job has since been deported. nice guy though - I think his three year ban finishes up soon...

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    It's an ťpťe!
    Chaz Hutton

LAM

Quote Originally Posted by 23
    Quote Originally Posted by antmandan

Shanghai Dumpling House

Great dumplings though.
    Soy sauce :lol: :lol: :lol:
    i have been told it's the fact that they play happy birthday at least once an hour that makes it so special.

NJS Certified

This dumpling place sucks. I used to love it, but it sucks. There is a better one up the road. Their dumpling > these dumplings.
    http://reallyandtruly.tumblr.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast