Search:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peds

Peds

Why do pedestrians just assume that because car lanes in the city are banked up in the morning, it's ok to cross. Even if you're also crossing a bike lane. I bowled an older woman over this morning on Collins St. She crossed the street, cut through idle cars and walked right in to the bike lane without turning to look... even when I yelled out. I hit her quite hard, hard enough to throw her to the ground. Admittedly I was more concerned about the damage to my bike than her. After the initial shock I went to offer some assistance and she got up by herself and began abusing the shit out of me. Like I was meant to look out for her blah blah.
    I asked her - if the bike lane was banked up would she just cut through that and walk out in to the car lane without turning to look? She then had nothing more to say to me. :-D

How the fuck did that get in my tyre?!

NJS Certified

Re: Peds

Pedestrians walk the way they do because Jesus is their Co-pilot!

they just 'use the force'
    'I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks'

fuck man. that's ruff. even if you hit someone and they're clearly in the wrong it'd be still quite upsetting, i'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by IncompleteStreets View Post
    .Blakey is my BF.

When I watched her turn in to :evil: after she got up off the ground my sympathy for her diminished. She scuffed my chrome forks too!
    How the fuck did that get in my tyre?!

Saw this cock-head on Brunswick St riding a fixie last night (no lights, no brakes, no helmet, no idea). Why does every hipster have to wear a fucking flannelet shirt?! He almost knocked over a girl crossing the street. She said 'Sorry' but clearly he should be the one saying sorry especially since he couldn't ride in a straight line or indeed stop properly... all he could manage was this pathetic little skid which did nothing to reduce his speed. I think that is what disturbs me most when I see people riding brakeless- people who clearly do not have the skill or skidding ability to stop quickly. I mean in a real emergency (car pulling out or instance) I got the distinct impression that guy would be fucked...
    I actually saw him doing laps of Brunswick St, up and down like he was showing off... aaagghh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb618 View Post
    140 stem regardless of eight.

NJS Certified

You could try a bull bar on the track bike, I hear they're good at cleaning up PD's....

I've given up screaming at them, because then they turn and look like a blinded kangaroo on a country road at night!
    |V|4H 120FLC0P7312 9035
    soi soi soi!

NJS Certified

I hit a Barrister in full Barrister kit last year on William St, in pretty much the same situation. Thankfully he was cool about it, I was terrified he would use his Barrister powers on me.

it astounds me how many people will ride at night without any lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by IncompleteStreets View Post
    .Blakey is my BF.

Quote Originally Posted by nurbs
    I hit a Barrister in full Barrister kit last year on William St, in pretty much the same situation. Thankfully he was cool about it, I was terrified he would use his Barrister powers on me.
    Cool... was he jaywalking? That's when you drop to the ground holding your back. Then sit back and wait for the 'out of court settlement' cheque!
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    I was warned about all you assholes
    Quote Originally Posted by shifterbikes
    This forum never ceases to amaze me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast