Search:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wet weather shoe solutions

wet weather shoe solutions

looking for something to keep my feet dry when it is raining.
    I've seen various shoe covers, but I'm not sure if they will work with straps.
    What do you do to keep your feet dry?

With clipless it's easy, just get shoe covers.

Would be a pain with clips/straps, so you could either nikwax/snoseal your shoes, put plastic bags over your socks, take a spare change of shoes/socks...

Fenders will make a huge difference too.

There's a gap in the fixie market- Vans waterproof shoe covers for strap pedals haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb618 View Post
    140 stem regardless of eight.

Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    There's a gap in the fixie market- Vans waterproof shoe covers for strap pedals haha!
    Oh, you reminded me, I'm sure I've seen "clips" that were shrouded in fabric before for cold winter hipster riding... nikcee?

AHA!

Kucharik Traditional Toe Warmer

Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Oh, you reminded me, I'm sure I've seen "clips" that were shrouded in fabric before for cold winter hipster riding... nikcee?

AHA!

Kucharik Traditional Toe Warmer
    those are an example of them... theres a few others that are similar. i also know people who use the neoprene toe covers with their vans and just sew a patch over the toes to reduce wear. i've cloth taped the front of my clips to reduce shoe wear already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Commuter View Post
    so you indulge in a few youthful experiments, some things stick, some don't, you figure out a little bit more about who you are and where the line is for you. For me...it's at pad holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    Lance using drugs does not have an impact on the amount of wheelies I do when going to the shops.
    Dirty Deeds

NJS Certified
    Even clipless pedals with covers , feet dont stay dry that long. +1 to fenders.
    Hurray for bikes.

NJS Certified
    Unfortunately most gore-tex or similar lined shoes are mostly made for the hiking or trail-running market -- mine are all way too bulky to get into clips. But they're good on a MTB.

Seal-skin waterproof / breathable socks are good and work well combined with a low-profile shoe that will dry quickly, such as Dunlop Volleys (better than Vans for wetting through / drying / trashing in the wet). Many outdoor shops sell seal-skins, but you might have to get them to order in the thin non-hiking versions. Wiggle also sells them.

If you do find a waterproof shoe, you can get short waterproof running gaiters from most good outdoor shops -- these will cover the tops and stop your shoe filling with water.

NJS Certified
    THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Fenders will make a huge difference too.
    everything else is just delaying the inevitable soggy socks and shoes for a rainy kilometre or two

two pairs of converse/vans + two pairs of socks... ones for riding and the ones to change into.

or just walk around in wet shoes its kinda fun the squelching, just like waterbeds for you feet.
    Let's all get up and dance to a song,
    that was a hit before your Mother was born.

Cover your shoes in electrical tape.
    used black tape on my cons a while ago...
    Waterproof.
    Even though it was done to hold them together.
    Daily: 1990 Mazda MX5.
    Weekender: Pink custom Columbus Life Kumo tarck WEAPON.

Quote Originally Posted by chazhutton View Post
    When I want to pick up, I just pretend to be like Dylan.
    I'm guessing that's probably easier for you to do though.

It's Dylan Time! <--- sometimes NSFW. Seriously. It's getting nicer, but there's still loads of nudity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast