Search:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chris hoy does a skid.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZero View Post
    Yeah didn't the dutch steal the BT designs?
    Cycling mystery - Saturday Extra - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The World Today - Sounds of Summer: Intrigue and heartbreak in cycling 10/01/2011

...on a visit to Australia, an athlete with links to Koga-Miyata was shown a BT prototype and she decided it was a winner. So, BT simply sold Australia's secret weapon to the Dutch.

Here's an example of the fax exchanges from Melbourne to Holland at the time.

EXTRACT FROM FAX (Voiceover): Dear Mr Kuipers, I can offer you promotional discount on 11 framesets, if the framesets can carry BT logo with Koga-Miyata that would be appreciated. Frame and Fork A$5,400; BT Pro 1 - TT Handlebars, width 40cm, weight approx 980kg, A$1800. Delivery 10-12 weeks from official order. Payment prior to delivery...

Love those old keirin races. So much argy-bargy.

I remember watching a youtube vid of an american keirin which featured Stephen Pate, if I remember rightly, where the winner was decked after the race with a cheeky hand by a passing rider. Can't remember if Pate was at fault or if he got decked.

Super malicious act. Good watching though!
    Quote Originally Posted by gink_04 View Post
    Steve - I've edited the first part so it makes a little bit more sence... not much though

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZero View Post
    the winner was decked after the race with a cheeky hand by a passing rider. Can't remember if Pate was at fault or if he got decked.

Super malicious act. Good watching though!
    Was that the one at Trexlertown where the rider whacked the winner's bars and caused him to crash? Actually perhaps they were juniors, and the slapper was one of Nothstein's riders. Memory is fuzzy.

EXTREME MODERATOR
    you mean this one?

EXTREME MODERATOR
    you know what i can't find? footage of the 2000 sydney olympic madison. i really wanna see that, and i'm sure someone has a tape somewhere.

Great story... AOC can't account for c.$250,000? Fucking joke.

It's impossible to get to the bottom of what happened because the Australian Sports Commission refuses to release its documentation. But here's what we do know.

An Australian bike, built under the auspices of the Australian Government and with an injection of public money, was used by Dutch athletes to compete against Australia at the Olympics.

A Dutch bicycle giant bought at least 30 bikes from a small Melbourne tool manufacturer and passed them off as its own. In so doing, it broke Olympic regulations and, technically, Dutch athletes rode illegal bikes at the 2000 and 2004 games.

The Australian Sports Commission and Cycling Australia appear to have turned their back on a sponsorship contract which gave them the moral, if not the legal responsibility, to safeguard a designer's intellectual property.

The Australian Olympic Committee appears to have lost track of how $425,000 of its grant money was spent. And on paper, the design of a revolutionary track bicycle - called the Elliott Flyer - has disappeared into thin air.

Match sprinters are such beasts. It is the best kind of riding. You vs. another dude, don't have to watch out for anyone else. So good.
    Thanks for those links, now I have somewhere to start from when I want to spend a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Was that the one at Trexlertown where the rider whacked the winner's bars and caused him to crash? Actually perhaps they were juniors, and the slapper was one of Nothstein's riders. Memory is fuzzy.
    Here it is, total dickhole move. Click through for the backstory.

I rode there. Not at speed, there was a swap meet on and I was just rolling round to try out a bike. It's like Tempe but smoother and with Amish and Menonite peep's in the surrounding area. Very pretty.

Peter Bundy did lots of laps there against some if the crew in the above video + he was also coaching too.
    Quote Originally Posted by oratio View Post
    But seriously gimme my name back

red
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Here it is, total dickhole move. Click through for the backstory.

click through what for backstory? never seen that b4 would like to know more
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    Wondering if anyone has one I can borrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinball Wizard View Post
    No.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast