Search:
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the new forum - It's getting hammered. PROBLEMS?

Quote Originally Posted by SanEsteban View Post
    Thanks - yeah I just saw that ... more specifically: settings at the top, then general settings in the left pane.
    that, i have no idea about!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P!N20 View Post
    I don't need my Honda Jazz, I don't need my Italian road bike, I don't need my life size cut out of Rolly, but I enjoy all of these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemontime View Post
    Probably don't make a soy catlike.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseyjase View Post
    rolly - arsehole.

Can’t help but notice a whole bunch of images are now just html code. Will this just sort itself out over time? Take this post for instance, some images work while others dropped off.
    Quote Originally Posted by EzyLee View Post
    Plus you don't want me to bring a tent. I will have to start a new thread about what tent to bring - no one wants that.

mmm
    NJS Certified
    dont need to login/have 25posts to access 'for sale' area?

Administrator
    Can’t help but notice a whole bunch of images are now just html code. Will this just sort itself out over time? Take this post for instance, some images work while others dropped off.
    Can you edit your posts and fix them? There is no easy way to fix up the problems with images... It is a new board and it cannot properly read all the old board posts...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mpkur View Post
    dont need to login/have 25posts to access 'for sale' area?
    Yikes! I hope all the gold didn't escape out of the pot... Ok, I think I've fixed it.

it might just be me, but it seems slower than other forums i'm on that also use vBul.

matter of it needing to be 'broken in'? extra traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by dfunkt View Post
    it might just be me, but it seems slower than other forums i'm on that also use vBul.

matter of it needing to be 'broken in'? extra traffic?
    the server will be getting flogged with all the password requests/resets and admin changes (both user and forum admin).

give it a couple of days to settle in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Commuter View Post
    so you indulge in a few youthful experiments, some things stick, some don't, you figure out a little bit more about who you are and where the line is for you. For me...it's at pad holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    Lance using drugs does not have an impact on the amount of wheelies I do when going to the shops.
    Dirty Deeds

is there any way we can stay logged in indefintely like the old forum?

like most of us i'm at work so can be away a while and it's frustrating to have to login again....

that said it's only logged me out once and that was in the middle of reading the thread about EftS???

ps - thanks for resetting my username. for those that do the same it will affect your login also. on the last forum my login username was different to the username displayed when i posted........

rolly
    I don't need my Honda Jazz, I don't need my Italian road bike, I don't need my life size cut out of Rolly, but I enjoy all of these things.
    rolly - arsehole.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rolly View Post
    is there any way we can stay logged in indefintely like the old forum?
    Is there not a 'keep me logged in' checkbox when you first login on the top right of the /forums/ page?

Regarding performance issues: The server is being hit with password requests as nikcee said, and it is also being re-indexed by the search engines and having to generate thousands of pages... Hopefully it will speed up in a day or two. If not, I will have to throw more resources at the server to speed things up...

vBulletin is nice, but it's a hog compared to the old SMF software.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Is there not a 'keep me logged in' checkbox when you first login on the top right of the /forums/ page?
    is this the same as the 'remember me?' check box? if so i should be fine from here on in......

cheers

rolly
    rolly - arsehole.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast