Search:
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: BRIS - BIKE POLO, EVERY SUNDAY

Re: BRIS - EOI Bike Polo Anyone???

that would b pretty sweet, hahaha.

i recken we def need to check out this place near musgrave park.....

i think we should be able to get least 6 ppl for a go??
    mallets wont be a problem,

just a venue i guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_dylan View Post
    I am so confused.
    I bought a cock ring, I made a mention of it, now this has happened.

NJS Certified

Don't fuss about nets just yet - you don't need that much gear to get a match going. For the most part the ball will be staying fairly close to the ground so the most you'll need is a court with a gutter around each edge. These can be harder to find than you think. Otherwise you may have to resort to constructing timber edging - discarded freight pallets are perfect for this, and fun to break up :-D - and then work out if you want to stash them at your court or take them home every time you play.
    It's not that much of a hassle playing on an open concrete area - but like indoor soccer it's just easier to play in an enclosed space. Play moves a bit quicker and you don't have to frig around with throw-in rules and 'if you guys hit it out then we get to start with it rite?' arguments.
    enjoy!
    Alone you cannot it resist.  Team  ._.  Schwa

Hipster

Hey fellas - new to the forum, rediscovering riding fixed after a few years. I've been keen to play bike polo for a while, but didn't know where to start. Would be keen to join in if you are willing to forget what your mum told you and talk to strangers.

Maldo

Hey Guys, I'm down on the Gold Coast but I'd love to play bike polo if I can get there.
    Anything happening?

well there seems to be enough interest for me to justify going out and purchasing the stuff needed to make the mallets!

its on its way, i shall keep you guys posted...

p.s. i wouldnt mind maybe a couple of hands to help make said mallets
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_dylan View Post
    I am so confused.
    I bought a cock ring, I made a mention of it, now this has happened.

When we get set for a time and place I will rush out a mallet. I will have a look over at reverse garbage in West End on the weekend - they have all sorts of crap if I see anything good for mallets I will buy in bulk.

I have some field hockey balls we could use too. They are probably too big and will smash out your spokes if they hit a wheel, but they should do until a better option can be found.

What sort of gear ratio do the 'pros' normally run? I would guess the lower the better for those bursts of speed.

NJS Certified

yeah looks like theres enough interest round... Nate, will help making these mallets if you want

user: SuperMaxPower, what about squash balls? probably too small?

user: locmonster, I was also thinking about those bigger blue balls (I think they are for racket ball) but they would be way too bouncy.

What are the boys in Melbourne using?

Muppet

We're using street hockey ball (imported from canada by the good mr urbanbicyclist, but I believe he's working on an australian source). Send me an email at melbourne.bicycle.polo.club@gmail.com and I'll post a few up.

My bike is fixed with a gear of 36x19, fantastic for polo, horrible for riding 10-15km into polo (I need a freewheel on the other side of the hub..)

Puts the 'ant' in 'rant' antmandan's Avatar

I swear you guys read my mind? I just moved from Melbourne to Brisbane and have been thinking of trying to start some Polo here! Played a game with the Melbourne crew so I'm no expert but I do know the basics.

Gear: I've already got 5 golf clubs from the salvos that I'm converting to mallets so only need one more for 3 on 3 action. I noted that someone has hockey balls so it sounds like we're sorted. I can arrange something for goals (just need traffic cones or similar).

You don't need a fixie to play, any bike will do, just watch those expensive Velocities with stray mallets!

I'm in H/Hill so West End works for me. If we get a game on I suggest we meet up at a cafe in West End beforehand.

Sunday arvo is a good time for a game, how about 4pm? meet at a cafe beforehand around 3:15 then onto the court. Suggestions for cafe?

Can people give me a nod as to whether they can play on Sunday 5th October?
    Quote Originally Posted by designjerk View Post
    As long as we look cool doing it and we can gram out there i dont care

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast