Search:
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: BRIS - BIKE POLO, EVERY SUNDAY

Re: BRIS - EOI Bike Polo Anyone???

sounds good, gold clubs totally slipped my mind, and here i was getting annoyed because i couldnt find any ski'ing (sp??) poles...

i think one more would be fine, at the moment, 3 on 3 would be best (imho)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_dylan View Post
    I am so confused.
    I bought a cock ring, I made a mention of it, now this has happened.

I haven't been 100% committed to this as I am pretty busy on weekends - I don't want to say I will be there and not show.

But if 5th Oct is free for me, I will make it to the game.

Antmandan - I hang around Ugees (or Urban Grind) on Boundary St , it is known by both names. There are a few fixed riders in the area and I will let them know there is a game on. I am at Ugees pretty much all morning on Saturdays swing by if you want to catch up to organise any details or just say hi. In real life people call me Brad - everyone at Ugees knows me, just ask whoever is making the coffee.

NJS Certified

Would love to try some polo and I think I'm free next Sunday.

And SMP/Brad, if you're the fixie builder in West End, I think we've meat around Ugees. You had a look at my red/white bike.

Let's hit some balls; I'm counting 4 players now..

Quote Originally Posted by erik
    Would love to try some polo and I think I'm free next Sunday.

And SMP/Brad, if you're the fixie builder in West End, I think we've meat around Ugees. You had a look at my red/white bike.

Let's hit some balls; I'm counting 4 players now..
    I think you meet Will Jetkinoff. He has a dream to get a shop up and going. I am going to send him a message to let him know there is a game on as he was talking about playing bike polo when we were chatting the other day.

i am keeeen, but not going to be in town that sunday. hopefully kicks ass and hav another one soon
    work. www.gearbrisbane.com play. @thedomesticdomestique

I just ordered some street hockey balls from the US. I think the normal field hockey ones I have are too big and heavy. Hope they get here by next Friday for the game.

Antmandan - what are you using for the heads on the mallets you have? It shouldn't be too hard to get some golf clubs in shit condition to wreck for handles, just don't know what makes the best heads.

Puts the 'ant' in 'rant' antmandan's Avatar

Awesome news on the hockey balls! Sound like we'll definitely have enough players for a game as well. At this stage I say we meet at Urban Grind on Boundary St at 3:15pm on Sunday 5 Oct, grab a coffee, then mosey over to the courts next to Musgrave Park (4pm-ish). I'm going to CMass tomorrow night so will spread the word there as well. I'll be down at Bike Revolution on Saturday (hopefully picking up my new wheels :lol so I can post up a notice there as well.

With regard to building mallets PVC pipe works well on the end. Just drill a hole through the middle and then use a couple of hose clamps and some strong glue to affix to the end of the club. I used hose clamps rather than bolts because it's too hard to drill through the clubs I have (they're too thin).

Someone has put up some destructions: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tink20s...7594573372516/
    Quote Originally Posted by designjerk View Post
    As long as we look cool doing it and we can gram out there i dont care

I'm pretty new to the fixed thing but i'm keen as for some polo. Got a 24"mountain bike i'm going to build up fixed wiht some drops. 5ht at UG, see you all there. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight barber
    I may still be a stupid hipster in the morning, but you are going to wake u to a sweaty bovine/porcine hybrid and an immense sense of deep regret. .

Puts the 'ant' in 'rant' antmandan's Avatar

OK, I didn't realise at the time but Urban Grind closes at 3pm on Sundays :-(

Sooo, if anyone wants a coffee we just need to meet an hour earlier, say 2 - 2:15pm :-)

This actually means more game time anyway.

I'll be putting a poster up in the window in case anyone rocks up after 3pm.

Checked out the courts today, not too shabby, if anyone has a shovel they could strap to their bike to take care of a few stray weeds that'd be awesome! Otherwise we'll just have a few interesting obstacles...

Only one week!
    Quote Originally Posted by designjerk View Post
    As long as we look cool doing it and we can gram out there i dont care

NJS Certified

Those mallets are awesome. You should ride down to Suffering Parasites one weekend and get the meter maids to pose with 'em. =]
    Alex Rims? I don't even do anal.

Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast