Search:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: disc brakes and polo

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Doesn't that freak player from South (the guy who got his lip smashed by Virginia's team player/boyfriend?
    Locky is not my boyfriend!!! He is my team mate

Idioten.
    Oh ok. Sorry.

I've never run disc's in the past, but depending on what sort of screw mounts are there, you may be able to use an old rotor as a guard. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by brox View Post
    I've never run disc's in the past, but depending on what sort of screw mounts are there, you may be able to use an old rotor as a guard. See below.

that's amazing, i think a DIY version is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Looks dangerous. Its like the cage around the fan, but with like 99% less bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by P!N20 View Post
    ^ Your fork should have a party and invite your stem down.

Hey, that blue one's my bike! Damon borrowed it while I was making his. He took it to Berlin, London & then Brisbane. The guard is possibly smaller than you're imagining Lorday. For scale, the disc is only ∅140mm. The main intent of the guard is more to prevent damage to the disc and prevent the sharp periphery from slashing faces etc.. Uncovered spokes are as dangerous as the spokes of a brake disc, and there are plenty of those about, so I hope you're wearing gloves. The disc guard also allows removal of wheel without taking the guard off, unlike the geekhouse example (sorry Brad, it's true). Vive, who everyone should be afraid of on the court, opted not to get disc guards on his bike, but I put mounts in the right places anyway. In the mean time, look out for his swerving, lefty, razor disc slicing action.

In future, I'm also thinking about making a moulded plastic guard -- trail bike style -- that would be hideously ugly but cheap, universal and oh-so-safe.

There was also an awesome aluminium guard on a German dude's bike in Seattle. That might be worth repeating at some stage given enough time on a laser cutter.

Are you sure locky's not your bf V?

oh yeah, and in response to the original question mr Jerk.
    I've had no problem except for once a tyre got lodged between spokes and disc guard ==> rotor remained straight. Also, when whale slapping chocky rob before the 3-2-1-Joust, I've been glad to have a guard on occasion as that shit can get mighty savage. I would def have a bent disc.
    I've also never seen the imagined brake disc face slicing on other people's exposed rotors, so it therefore must be impossible.

Vive has both front and back disc brakes with a dual pull brake lever, very effective braking.. No guards yet, they're being built by Scott

Vive is left handed so in the picture his front disc is on the RHS. This is so when he's in goals, it's on the inside

Scott made his own bike pictured above, Damon's and also Vive's bike.. I'm next in the queue

Scott builds hand made bikes for Polo called the Whiskey
    Symes Cycles
    Last edited by mossko; 20-11-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Found this on Urbanvelo

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DMonkey; 27-02-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: not happy

Idioten.
    Holy Fuck!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast