Search:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Olympics Track Racing

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalCyclist View Post
    that is irrelevant.
    Not really. I can't stand the way you race James - but I quite like to see you win because you look very handsome out of lycra.
    Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    It's an épée!
    Chaz Hutton

good for nettie edmondson, scratch race was particularly rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by P!N20 View Post
    I don't need my Honda Jazz, I don't need my Italian road bike, I don't need my life size cut out of Rolly, but I enjoy all of these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemontime View Post
    Probably don't make a soy catlike.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseyjase View Post
    rolly - arsehole.

Out of fucking control The JAMS's Avatar
    so was reading last nite about the french whinging about GB having "magic wheels".
    i don't have a TV guide so haven't seen any racing but in pics it looks like Team GB just have regular iO/disc setup.
    are they actually secret magic wheels painted to look like mavics?
    oh. i was thinking like Smorgys only 100 times bigger.
    dildos that actually look like wangs are kinda expensive
    You're all hopped up on goofballs
    I'm sure there are forums dedicated to the world's shittest youtube vids. Fortunately, this is not one of them.
    that's kinda like sleeping with your best friend's wife, then asking him to wipe your dick afterwards
    you revived a 4 month old thread to say you love ball sacks?
    So how do I machine a sidewall? Do I use a hammer and a chisel, or do I pour acid all over my rims?
    Self delusion and garlic bread.
    Giving people grief is all I have left. Why would you take that away?
    I tried to make champagne with a Soda Stream once. Ended up painting the ceiling with goon and blinding 3 of my friends.
    The hate's so chunky you could carve it...
    I heard he burns children in his forge and puts the soul of a child into each frame
    Son, you gotta feed the horse before you leave the club
    This should feel like my gooch is being suspended on the feathers of archangels...
    apart from the above, i'm pretty much a piece of shit.
    I was warned about all you assholes

nah, they're just quandos laced to stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by P!N20 View Post
    I don't need my Honda Jazz, I don't need my Italian road bike, I don't need my life size cut out of Rolly, but I enjoy all of these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemontime View Post
    Probably don't make a soy catlike.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseyjase View Post
    rolly - arsehole.

Out of fucking control The JAMS's Avatar
    figured
    oh. i was thinking like Smorgys only 100 times bigger.
    dildos that actually look like wangs are kinda expensive
    You're all hopped up on goofballs
    I'm sure there are forums dedicated to the world's shittest youtube vids. Fortunately, this is not one of them.
    that's kinda like sleeping with your best friend's wife, then asking him to wipe your dick afterwards
    you revived a 4 month old thread to say you love ball sacks?
    So how do I machine a sidewall? Do I use a hammer and a chisel, or do I pour acid all over my rims?
    Self delusion and garlic bread.
    Giving people grief is all I have left. Why would you take that away?
    I tried to make champagne with a Soda Stream once. Ended up painting the ceiling with goon and blinding 3 of my friends.
    The hate's so chunky you could carve it...
    I heard he burns children in his forge and puts the soul of a child into each frame
    Son, you gotta feed the horse before you leave the club
    This should feel like my gooch is being suspended on the feathers of archangels...
    apart from the above, i'm pretty much a piece of shit.
    I was warned about all you assholes

EXTREME MODERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by The JAMS View Post
    so was reading last nite about the french whinging about GB having "magic wheels".
    i don't have a TV guide so haven't seen any racing but in pics it looks like Team GB just have regular iO/disc setup.
    jury is still out - and it's one of the reasons StM kept asking me to take photos of the insides of their wheels back in april. GB definitely have different bearings and hubs, and their disc wheels are possibly rebranded litespeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by The JAMS View Post
    Good article from Inrng:

inrng : british cycling's secret weapon unveiled

First clothing. Aerodynamics is all important in cycling and the human body represents the largest surface area, a long way ahead of wheels or the frame. Position on the bike is vital but once in place, can a rider gain time with better clothing? Of course, you only need to look at the aerodynamic helmets. But if all riders use one piece lycra suits, they are not the same. The choice of fabric matters as does the positioning of the seams and also other factors. In the 1990s the US downhill ski team experimented with wiring in their clothing. Spyder built a suit called “SpeedWyre”, which incorporated a “tripwire” on the surface that reduced aerodynamic drag and created a more streamlined airflow. The aim is to split the airflow as it passes over the clothing. This was banned by the FIS, the governing body of skiing.

Indeed it’s not allowed under the rules of cycling… but the UCI doesn’t seem to have noticed its use in cycling. Look closely at the British clothing and you will see the prominent seam running down the arm, I think the same feature was visible in the custom yellow skinsuit used by Bradley Wiggins during Stage 9 of the Tour de France. Are the British cheating? Well the UCI has apparently approved the clothing but it seems the governing body might not have spotted the technological advantage. There are other details like the fabric itself or look at the unusual length of the sleeves. Either way this clothing is clever but it is also expensive. It takes time and expertise to develop, with practice sessions in the wind tunnel and many iterations in the factory to get it just right. In short it’s expensive.

British track cycling bike

Next we look at the bike. If there’s talk of secret wheels, the frame can’t be hidden. Note the one piece bars and stem with aero profiling. Look closely at the forks too and the unusual width across the crown. The frame itself is custom built for the British team. UCI rules say frames have to be available to buy and in this case you can have a frame if you are prepared to order it, endure an unknown waiting time for delivery and nobody knows the price. The German team have a similar deal with their FES frames.
    Interesting that by the book, their clothing is illegal

Lp
    Penguinton had an affair with her coach, so he got fired, then he managed to get his job back again. it's obviously all the sexytimes that are making her faster.

Not Olympics but this thread will do.....

I see the JM19 boys won the Junior World's 4000m pursuit in NZ with two lads being in the team that won it last year in Russia.
    Also the Team Sprint team "won" but was DSQ (ie got 2nd) for incorrect change.

As per discussion here from the Olympics, this Team Sprint event seems to have a disproportionate number of DSQ.
    I think a couple of rule tweaks could sort that out without changing the nature of the event.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567