Search:
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Could a pro win on steel?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcee View Post
    ... by a shirtless ponderer.
    Never on these forums have so few words contained such untethered insight and natural wit, lain with an elegant insouciance.

Bravo, very hearty LOLz !!!!

Very funny !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oratio View Post
    But seriously gimme my name back

Quote Originally Posted by sugarkane View Post
    As it is they pros are running very light carbon bikes then sand bagging to get em up to weight with srms, di2 and then even adding weights under the BB
    man the mech from the USA team at the track world champs was just duck taping cone spanners into the seat post
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalCyclist;
    eating just one packet of mie-goring is like only having half a wank
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous;
    I vote for James Kent. That jaw line would sell out the MCG.
    DOUBLE HELIX

EXTREME MODERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    Not sure exactly, but Frank VDB won shitloads of races in the late 90s riding for Mapei and Cofidis, and when he didn't win he came second or third. Most while drunk
    ftfy.

Not exactly the same, but food for thought... Boonen won the green jersey in the '07 TdF on an aluminium alloy frame when everyone else was on the fribé. It looks to be similar to the SWorks E5 frameset from '03ish.

The interwebs has plenty of rumours saying that this bike was a steel pegoretti (doesn't reaklly look like it), or at least that Boonen raced at some stage on one.

And this is his bike from the 07 roubaix. That doesn't look like any Speciliazed I've seen, apparanely aluminium alloy also. Note that he one in 2008 on a Specialized Roubaix (carbon with excellent vertical compliance). Aluminium in the roubaix??!!

More here
    Last edited by SanEsteban; 05-04-2012 at 10:27 AM.

On a similar note, Cuddles had a Ti Baum painted up as a Ridley which he used to use for training.

Jeremy rides a steel bike and he routinely flogs me on my crabon bike.

Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb618 View Post
    this comment has elevated you to a 'level 6 warrior' ranking in my opinion
    i'd like to Fuck you Mckenny.

NJS Certified
    RKP has the story on the Boonen bike. Spesh basically did him a custom Allez to get his geo right before knocking out a Tarmac mould in his size, because moulds are expen$$$$ive.

The Pegoretti story is total horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by SanEsteban View Post
    The interwebs has plenty of rumours saying that this bike was a steel pegoretti (doesn't reaklly look like it), or at least that Boonen raced at some stage on one.

This is meant to be a Pegoretti? Would be cool if true, oversized Columbus tubing?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb618 View Post
    140 stem regardless of eight.

Out of fucking control The JAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    Not sure exactly, but Frank VDB won shitloads of races in the late 90s riding for Mapei and Cofidis, and when he didn't win he came second or third. All with panache and flair. I presume he rode some kind of steel Bronago in that era. Sad what happened to him.
    Good reading, if you have a few minutes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_V...oucke_(cyclist)
    Panache, flair and a fuckload of recreational and performance enhancing addititives. Man, his story is fucked up. pretty damning indictment of pro cycling. would make a good telemovie though.
    oh. i was thinking like Smorgys only 100 times bigger.
    dildos that actually look like wangs are kinda expensive
    You're all hopped up on goofballs
    I'm sure there are forums dedicated to the world's shittest youtube vids. Fortunately, this is not one of them.
    that's kinda like sleeping with your best friend's wife, then asking him to wipe your dick afterwards
    you revived a 4 month old thread to say you love ball sacks?
    So how do I machine a sidewall? Do I use a hammer and a chisel, or do I pour acid all over my rims?
    Self delusion and garlic bread.
    Giving people grief is all I have left. Why would you take that away?
    I tried to make champagne with a Soda Stream once. Ended up painting the ceiling with goon and blinding 3 of my friends.
    The hate's so chunky you could carve it...
    I heard he burns children in his forge and puts the soul of a child into each frame
    Son, you gotta feed the horse before you leave the club
    This should feel like my gooch is being suspended on the feathers of archangels...
    apart from the above, i'm pretty much a piece of shit.
    I was warned about all you assholes

My understanding was that Cav was riding a Beercanium Scott whilst with HTC up until the big 'S' took over sponsoring that team.

Everyone else was on the 'fantastic plastic' but he couldn't get a bike to his liking made out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Commuter View Post
    so you indulge in a few youthful experiments, some things stick, some don't, you figure out a little bit more about who you are and where the line is for you. For me...it's at pad holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    Lance using drugs does not have an impact on the amount of wheelies I do when going to the shops.
    Dirty Deeds

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast