Search:
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic road race thread

Gotta say: cav is a whinging fucken pommy sore loser. As said above, they had one tactic and fucked it up. I think the poms forget there was o'grady in the break, one more than the poms had, so why would they do any more than needed?
    That was one hell of an exciting race, the lack of radios and the small teams just made it awesome. Worlds best riders struggling to race without a team director telling them what to do. Credit to the crafty kazakh, and obviously paying off Uran for the win, nice way to go out.
    And to finish: fuck those whinging pommy cnuts. Cocky fucken whinging fucken sore losing bastards.

https://twitter.com/Greghenderson1/s...059777/photo/1

quad off in the german camp. Greipel loses.

9pm tonight! Women's RR

Inner Ring preview

inrng : olympics women's road race preview

Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    https://twitter.com/Greghenderson1/s...059777/photo/1

quad off in the german camp. Greipel loses.
    He wins in the package dept. though.
    Quote Originally Posted by oratio View Post
    But seriously gimme my name back

gb prove they are a bunch of robots who just follow orders and numbers and are not bike racers

without radios they have absolutely no idea what they are doing

did they really think they could TT the front of the bunch for 240km? lol
    BRAKELESS SINCE FOREVER I AM A FIXED WHEEL PIONEER ON MY LUGGED STEEL BICYCLE

and there is no doubt uran will go to astana with a huge contract after he is done at sky...
    BRAKELESS SINCE FOREVER I AM A FIXED WHEEL PIONEER ON MY LUGGED STEEL BICYCLE

Out of fucking control jaseyjase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spirito View Post
    He wins in the package dept. though.
    nah he just has tighter undies on

Olympic Road Race: Spectacle Or Disaster? | Cyclingnews.com

Team USA's Chris Horner highlighted the fact that in the UK, drivers use the left side of the road instead of the right meant that directors who are accustomed to the follow caravan in the rest of Europe suddenly had to adjust to the reverse side for the driver, the opposite side of the road and the rules on which side of the cars riders can be assisted on. It caused plenty of chaos unseen by the television cameras.

"I almost died five times," Horner said after suffering several mechanicals during the race and having to drop back to the following caravan for assistance. "Every time I was back in the cars - everybody's used to driving on the other side of the road, everyone's used to being in the other seat. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to change on the left side instead of the right side.

"At one point when my crank arm broke off, I changed my bike and chased back on, I'm doing 80k's an hour at the bottom of the circuit and there's a car on my left and a car on my right, and I'm getting ready to shoot the middle, and the two cars on the right pull over and stop, and I got just about enough room for me to get through ... and the mechanic opens the door on the road side, not on the grass side but on the road side! I was literally bike-going-sideways locked up and I missed the door by a few inches."

"It's not the driver's fault, we're just used to being on the other side of the road. It's nobody's fault," he said, before adding that he enjoyed the overall experience.

"It was a huge experience, the crowds were unbelieveable. I wish they could have been a little bit more tame in terms of staying back off the road. On the circuit they were all over the road, and before the circuit they were in the road everywhere.

"But it's the Olympics, and you have to expect something crazy, and it was. When I say the crowds were uneducated, I'm not picking out one nation, it's an international crowd, this size of a crowd on roads this size not backing up - I saw one guy standing two feet out in the road taking a photo and he didn't get out of the way and the rider smacked him hard, and he went into the field and crashed about 15-20 people, and the spectator went flying into the crowd and took out some mroe people there.

"[It was] absolutely the most scared I've ever been in a race. I've been in rainy races and been less scared than what I've experienced today."

There were other less physically dangerous situations for the riders, but one of certain discomfort for those who hoped to remain modest and not offend the fans.

"It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen," said German Andrč Greipel. "There was not a single spot to pee."

Quote Originally Posted by haitch View Post
    They do that with the football because FIFA don't want a second World Cup, and strictly speaking the Olympics clashed with the start of the European season.

The Bourgain situation is ridic, though - Phil Liggett's "XC and BMX shouldn't be Olympic spotts" comments of a few days ago were just as bad, mind.
    I understand why they do it. The problem is that the best representitives of a sport aren't participating in an event designed to be the pinnacle of sport. Just don't have football. Solved.

The IOC are hacks. Until the Madison is back I can't see myself saying otherwise.

Re: race radio's, did anyone else notice Marco pinnoti constantly going to team cars for time checks.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast