Search:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KHS Flight

KHS Flight

Need to thank the wife for scoring this one on eBay without me knowing. It came with sanmarco ponza saddle, white soma late risers, oury grips and green odyssey pedals. Swapped some of that out for c-unit drops and my clear odyssey pedals with strap-ons. Installed Shimano 600 brake and Tektro Lever.

Took it for it's first spin today and I'm lovin it. Such a different ride to the carbon fixed that I've been getting around on until now.

killin' it

Hipster
    You grabbed an awesome deal on that. Went for around $450 didn't it?

Those drops are wack.. No top section or shoulder really to grab. Do you just ride in the drops everywhere?

Solid ride apart from that though.

@misterfizzle: yup, it sure did. the dude selling it had some seriously sick frames in his garage. oh to be living at home again with the parents (hahaha).
    my wife also got herself a Bianchi Freemont (frame/fork) for next to nothing during the same day of ebaying. I'm going to put her to work for me from now on to grab ebay bike bargains.
    Last edited by newflavour; 03-02-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    killin' it

@pip: I do ride in the drops mostly everywhere as it's my preferred body position. I'm a tall bastard and prefer to be fully folded over or sitting upright (no hands). In between on the shoulder of the bars hurts my back for some reason but it can be done on these bars easy enough. I nearly bought an Affinity Lowpro as my daily commuter ride but the sizing was to small for me.
    killin' it

Hipster
    Enjoy the ride new flav! I'm with p!p though, I'm not really feeling the drops. Other wise it's a solid build.

Quote Originally Posted by newflavour View Post
    @pip: I do ride in the drops mostly everywhere as it's my preferred body position..
    Maybe you should change the brake position then?

NJS Certified
    Brake facing left on the right side of the bars? Doesn't that just make it hard to grab with either hand? (Maybe you should get yourself one of the dia-compe shot levers with two levers for left and right.) And I'm with daniel ... if you're down in the drops and someone tries to run you off the road you'll be hard pressed getting to that brake in time.

@diddy and dan: I agree that the position position is less than ideal but it seems to work for now (and is mostly there to appease the police - as is the bell). The Dia-compe lever is on the list of things to get soon! For now I'll enjoy it and change things as time and opportunity permits. Thanks for the nice comments though.
    killin' it

most awkward brake postions ever, love the colour though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast