Search:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primate SSCX

Primate SSCX

Hi All,

Here is my Primate SSCX bike which was finished just a couple of months back. This was the first Cyclocross bike built by Tarn Mott of Primate Frames. It is a singlespeed and absolutely fantastic to ride. I have done sections of the Munda Biddi Trail with it over here in Perth which I have to say was hard work. It is mainly used for commuting and is very comfortable for long stints in the saddle.

The paintwork was done by Star Enamel in Sydney and is fantastic. My meagre, rubbish photos dont do it justice at all. The wheels are Kinlin 200s laced into Phil Wood hubs with a White Industries 18t freewheel care of Mr Hale at Shifterbikes. As for the rest of the bike:

Sugino 75 cranks and 46t Fyxomatosis chainring care of Mr White
    Ritchey carbon forks, bars and seatpost
    Selle saddle
    TRP Euro-X brakes
    Phil Wood BB
    Chris King Headset
    Vittoria 32C tyres
    SRAM carbon brake levers
    Izumi Supertough chain
    Custom stem by Primate Frames

If you are interested in learning a new level to your swearing then setting up cantilever brakes for the first time is definitely the way to go. The photos here show the bike before I pulled them all off and did them again hence no ferrules etc. Once set up though they are fantastic on either the road or the dirt. This really is a wonderful machine to ride.

Whilst I have no commercial relationship with Tarn at Primate I have to say if you are keen on getting a custom frame, you would be hard pressed to deal with someone better. The same goes for Dan Hale and Andy White who both gave me a lot of advice re this project. Then again you probably all know helpful these people are.

Cheers
    Keir Whitcher

Excellent! I have known Tarn for a while now, and I really like the frames/bikes he is making.

EXTREME MODERATOR
    i too am a big fan of tarn's work - went and saw his workshop last time i was in sydney, and was very impressed...

Hi Brendan,
    I haven't had a chance to get over there to the Wollongong workshop since he set up there but am hoping to get there this year with any luck. He did the wheels for my Panasonic but that was in Sydney. He is very professional and a seriously nice bloke to boot!

This bike only furthers my desire for a SSCX bike. Very nice indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZero View Post
    This blows goats

Not as quick as a Ti Moots Psychlo - X.

Cheers
    Keir

Nice bike- what tubing type is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by eavyMetalCHyclist View Post
    I thought it was called touring and you did it on a shitbox Shogun from 1992

Hi Horatio,

The aero tubing used was Columbus. The details of the build are on Tarn's site and the re is:

Keir’s Aero cross wepon

Cheers
    Keir

Endorsed.

I would suggest bringing the ratio down a bit if you enter Dirty Deeds this year (unless you have super-legs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Commuter View Post
    so you indulge in a few youthful experiments, some things stick, some don't, you figure out a little bit more about who you are and where the line is for you. For me...it's at pad holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    Lance using drugs does not have an impact on the amount of wheelies I do when going to the shops.
    Dirty Deeds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast