Search:

Thread: Good tubs for every day???

Good tubs for every day???

Picked up a bloody bargain of a wheel set last night and need to buy a new set of tubs to go on it. Any recommendations would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight barber
    I may still be a stupid hipster in the morning, but you are going to wake u to a sweaty bovine/porcine hybrid and an immense sense of deep regret. .

For a street track wheelset? The Gatorskin tubulars get a good rep. I imagine the priority would be puncture resistance. You're going to cop a lot of flak for running tubs on the street though.
    Quote Originally Posted by eavyMetalCHyclist View Post
    I thought it was called touring and you did it on a shitbox Shogun from 1992

It's for the roadie. They just feel so dam good to roll around on getting back onto the bike that currently has clinchers just felt dead after riding on tubs. Sorta thinking about changing out the rims since I only paid half of what the hubs are worth for the whole wheelset. Was even thinking of stepping it upto the Vittoria Pave....
    I may still be a stupid hipster in the morning, but you are going to wake u to a sweaty bovine/porcine hybrid and an immense sense of deep regret. .

What are the wheels Marty?

Tubs are great - but we live in the land of the bogans and discarded drinking receptacles from their mating rituals litter the streets and keep puncturing my tyres.

I'd go the gators.
    Last edited by el Brado; 07-05-2011 at 03:31 PM.

gator tubs +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalCyclist;
    eating just one packet of mie-goring is like only having half a wank
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous;
    I vote for James Kent. That jaw line would sell out the MCG.
    DOUBLE HELIX

Are the gator tubs the same rubber compound as the clichers?

^^^ That's what I'm worried about. I've only ridden on gators briefly and they feel pretty terrible and slippery. Thinking I should just re-lace and stick to the clincher way of life.

This is the set i got.
    WOLBER Dura Ace Wheelset Road Bike Racing WHEELS NICE (eBay item 200602786164 end time 06-May-11 20:00:22 AEST) : Sport

I've used conti gator sprinter tubs on in city streets and rate them, very different to gator clinchers, much better in the wet. I used them on roadbike though so didn't attempt any skip-stopping/skidding.
    Sellin shit to buy more shit since '88

+1 for the gatorskin sprinters. Whatever you go with it would be wise to put some sealant in them incase you puncture. It can save a lot of headaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZero View Post
    This blows goats