Search:
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Sleeping set ups

NJS Certified
    Nice!

I bought a Winter version Wilderness Equipment Space 2 for the snow and am still waiting for enough snow to try it out this season. Reason I bought this is I wanted the space and flexibility of a 2 man tent but also lightweight, as most of my trips will be solo back country Alpine ski sessions so no splitting the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by diddy View Post
    Well I probably spent about 300 nights in my last 4-season tent and it died in the end. If I get that kind of use out of it, $3/night isn't bad, and then by all accounts the Hilleberg will last longer. And I also don't want to die in it - my Fairydown copped some wind in Patagonia that would have destroyed any other tent I've owned.
    That's a good way to put it.

NJS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by dalai View Post
    @Tom, have you tried the Borah snowyside eVent bivy yet? Keen on this and the lightweight down pants...
    Yeah, I have used it a bit now.

Used it in the snowies for three days, where I got frozen over. Pretty good in those conditions, but I froze to death cos of inadequate sleeping bag (hence purchase of Cumulus).
    I really like it in slightly warmer conditions, where I can use the mozzie net. Comfy AF.

Quote Originally Posted by tom. View Post
    I'll be using the quilt for the first time this weekend - will report back!
    I used this quilt in Byron over the weekend - was pretty good! Weight/size ratio is on point.
    Amy - are you looking to get something lighter? I think the 450 would be perfect for CBR conditions
    I found it just perfect for Byron's warmer climate as well
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalCyclist View Post
    Tom breaks shit just by looking at his bike and thinking about obscure techno.