Search:
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: Newbie MTB questions

Would this be the first MTB? I would probably stay away from older dual suspension bikes. Suspension has come a long way in the time I have been riding dirt and lower end bikes were pretty bad.

What sort of trails will your son be riding? Maybe a better spec hardtail would be a better start to learn how to ride a bit smoother and get a better feel for the trails.

He's ridden a HT a bit. It's also about the pricing being right with decent gear I can swap to another frame should the opportunity arise. I don't have any issues with the forks/shock on this one being out of date and/or completely shite. The Float Evo RL seems to be a good unit, it's been serviced and cleaned. Fork tech has moved on faster, so a 2012/2013 fork will be heavier but not an order of magnitude so. My Zaskar is an Recon Air Gold from the same era and does quite well. The Marzocchi stuff went down in quality about 2015 so I've been lead to believe?

XC is the go. Hoping to get to Stromlo in a few months for an excursion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watimena View Post
    Who's Fyxo?

Looks like he's not as much interested as I'd thought. Might leave the idea a while. Still not averse to 26" bikes, even in my size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watimena View Post
    Who's Fyxo?

Hipster
    26’ is fine for enduro, single speeding, you only need to go 29 for racing Xc, from the test I’ve seen unless you are doing long fire rod climbs 26’ is seconds behind 29er in terms of actual speed diff